Bronchitis: Bronchitis is the inflammation of the more immensely colossal airways in your lungs, causing a perpetual cough. Bronchitis can be due to an infection, smoking or inhaling exasperating substances. Bronchitis can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or inhaling smoke or dust.
Acute bronchitis can last for weeks, whereas chronic bronchitis lasts for months and may come back each year. Chronic bronchitis is conventionally cognate to smoking.
Most people with acute bronchitis will feel better with time and rest, with a number of treatments available to avail ease a cough and other symptoms.
Is Bronchitis Contagious?
The answers depend on the type of bronchitis one has. There is two types of bronchitis— (1) Acute bronchitis (2) Chronic bronchitis.
Acute Bronchitis: Acute bronchitis is caused by bacterial or viral infections. In other words, acute bronchitis is contagious. It can last for a few days to three weeks, and will often follow a viral infection like the flu or cold. Acute bronchitis is more rigorous than an average cold, but not serious as pneumonia.
Chronic Bronchitis: Chronic bronchitis is quite different from acute bronchitis. It’s’ a long-term lung disorder and known as the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) that sometimes occurs with the other type called emphysema. The person with chronic bronchitis often experiences a cough during most days in a month. This sequence will customarily occur a period of three months in a year and a minimum of two consecutive years.
You May Also Like:
- What Causes Parkinson’s Disease: Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Oatmeal: Types, Benefits, Recipes, And Questions About Oats
- What Is Autism Spectrum Disorder: Diagnosed, Types, And Treatment
Symptoms of Bronchitis
Someone Who Have Bronchitis May Have-
- a cough (either dry or bringing up phlegm)
- aches and pains
- feeling the short breath
- chest tightness
The Risk Of Developing Bronchitis(Causes)
- The elderly
- People inhaling in irritating chemicals
- Those who have a lung condition, such as asthma
- People who have poor immunity.
- You can reduce by hand washing, and if you smoke, quitting smoke. The flu vaccine is recommended for people with chronic bronchitis.
Most of the people with acute bronchitis will better with time and rest.
You Can Avail Ease a Cough And Other Symptoms By:
- Inhaling steam or having a warm bath
- Avoid cigarette smoking and other irritants
- Drinking plenty of fluids
- Simple pain medication, such as paracetamol
- A teaspoon of honey in warm water at night.
- Cough medicines are available, but they might not help you.
If you not getting better, or if you get worse, physically discuss with your doctor.
Home Remedies for Bronchitis
You can catch acute bronchitis any time, but it is more common in cold weather.
To Reduce The Risk For Bronchitis, Follow These Tips-
- Avoid close contact with anyone who’s sick
- Must avoid sharing utensils or glasses with someone who has a cold, the flu or bronchitis
- Don’t touch used tissue, because viruses that cause bronchitis can spread through mucus
- Get the flu vaccine annually
- wash your hands often with warm and soapy water
- Try to avoid touching your nose, eyes or mouth with your dirty hand