Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF): Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy is the safe and non-invasive method to decrease pain and inflammation. It can be practised to improve and enhance currently existing healthcare modalities. The PEMF appliance includes numerous devices including localized pad, full body mats, and pinpointed probe or “spot” applicators.
How Does PEMF Work
Human cells are incredibly sensitive and can react to even the lowest frequency of EMF.
- Every frequency can enter through the organ tissue and bone to the cellular level without being absorbed or altered in any way.
- When PEMF reaches through these cells, the chemical and electrical processes are excited that causes cells to realign themselves back to functioning at their top level.
- The frequencies can be remarkably complex, or basic and simple.
- The intensity can also be adjusted from low to high, and every level in between.
- If the intensity is too high, it can be harmful and damage the cells.
- If the intensity is too low, it will have little to no effect.
- When it comes to PEMF, low is the best and safest option.
Indication of PEMF
- Soft tissue healing
- Chronic pain relief
- Improved circulation
- Promote bone healing
- Treat Migraines
- Relieve symptoms of depression
- Stimulate nerve repair
- Treat arthritis
- Treat diabetic polyneuropathy (DPN)
- Increase range of motion
The majority of the experimental research on these treatments has been done on rats, and the results have been very hopeful.
Scientists recognize that more research is indicated and the future of PEMF seems very positive.
You Might Also Like: