Physical Therapy: Role & Benefits of Physiotherapy
What is Physical Therapy-Physical therapy is also known as physiotherapy, a rehabilitation specialty that promotes mobility, function, and quality of life through examination, diagnosis, prognosis, and physical intervention.In additament to clinical practice, other activities encompassed in the physical therapy profession include research, education, consultation, and administration. Physical therapy may be provided alongside, or in conjunction with, other medical professional.
Role of a Physical Therapist
Physiotherapists are highly qualified health professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages.
- Diagnose and manage kineticism(movement) dysfunction and enhance physical and functional facilities.
- Renovate, maintain, and promote not only function but improve the quality of life as it relates to kineticism and health.
- Educating, maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence or functional decline.
Physical Therapy Treatment Includes
Physical Therapy for Musculoskeletal Conditions-
- Chronic or Acute Musculoskeletal Pain
- Foot and Ankle Pain
- Frozen Shoulder
- Functional Rehabilitation
- Gait Retraining
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- ACL / PCL / MCL / LCL injuries
- Low Back Pain
- Motor Vehicle Injuries
- Neck Pain
- Herniated discs
- Overuse Injuries
- Post-Operative/Post-Illness Rehabilitation
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Injuries
Physical Therapy for Neurological Conditions/Injuries:
- Alzheimer’s Diseases
- Parkinson's Diseases
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
Physical Therapy for Respiratory Conditions-
- Postural drainage
- Breathing exercises and education.
Benefits of Physical Therapy
- Maximize Your Movement
- Participate In Your Recovery
- Avoid Opioids(Pain Killer)
- Avoid Surgery