Himalayan Salt Lamps: Himalayan Salt Lamps consists of a sizably voluminous(large) salt crystal, often coloured, and lit with an incandescent light bulb, LED, or candle inside. Most of Himalayan Salt Lamps on the market are composed of coloured salt rocks mined in Poland, Pakistan, and Iran. The lamps give a captivating glow and are opportune for use as nightlights or for ambient mood lighting.
How Himalayan Salt Lamps Work?
Water vapour is always circulating in an air of any room of the house. Water vapour carries allergens like dust, pollen, pet dander, smoking particles, and even viruses and bacteria.
Salt is hygroscopic, so it(Himalayan Salt Lamps ) magnetizes(attracts) water molecules from the circumventing air. A large block of Himalayan Salt Lamps block of rock salt, like a Himalayan salt lamp, is especially captivating to water vapour and its pollutants.
Once attracted to the Himalayan Salt Lamps, these microscopic compounds remain on the salt and not floating in the air where you can breathe them in.
As Himalayan salt lamps gradually become saturated with water vapour they magnetize(attract) from the air around them, the heat, from the lamp inside or beneath, dries them, thus perpetuating the hygroscopic effect for as long as the light is on.
This Himalayan salt lamps also re-releases water vapour back into the air. Importantly, any airborne contaminants magnetized to the salt lamp remain trapped there and will not become airborne again.
You Might Also Like:
- Insomnia: Causes, Symptom, Drug Therapy & Home Remedies
- Angina (Chest Pin) | Symptoms, Risk Factors & Treatment
- Medical Marijuana! CBD, Use Methods, Side Effects, Treating Condition
How To Use Himalayan Salt Lamps?
Occasionally, perhaps every week, it’s good to turn off your Himalayan salt lamps for an hour, let it cool and then gently rub with a damp cloth to emasculate away trapped dust and particles. The rest of the time just leave it on and let it work to emasculate their air in your room.
Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps Include
- Improving breathing problems and reducing allergies.
- Fewer colds and flu (because of less airborne viruses).
- Incremented relaxation and tranquility and less stress.
- Fewer headaches and migraines.
- Great Night Light and Low-Light Lamp.
- May Improve Air Quality.
- Improved ability to concentrate for longer periods around electrical equipment like computers.
- Reduced symptoms of disorders like rheumatism and arthritis.
- Soothing for Allergies.
- Light and Color Therapy Benefits
- Easier to get sleep at night.
- Improvement in skin diseases.
- The better overall sense of health and wellbeing.
How To Buy A Best Himalayan Salt Lamps
If you interested in Himalayan salt lamps, choose ones with these features for best quality:
Orange Color– typically considered higher quality. Lamps should designate that they are 100% Himalayan salt, as frugal(cheap) imitations may use lower quality salt.
Size– The more in size of the salt lamp, the more in effect.
Rough Surface– The rough surface area of Himalayan salt lamps determines its hygroscopic potential. Rougher lamps have a higher surface area than polished lamps. Rougher Himalayan lamps are more effective at improving air quality.
Bulb– The hygroscopic benefits are due to the salt and heat together so it is paramount to utilize a heat-engendering bulb. LED bulbs don’t accomplish this.