Would you like to undergo a dental implant procedure? Setting a budget for this dental procedure should top the list of your priorities. Although some Americans can be able to afford to cater for the costs associated with this procedure upfront, there is a section of the populace that can hardly afford these costs. Thankfully, the government is now offering grants for dental implants to all eligible individuals. With the grant in place, you will not have to strain your budget for you to afford a dental implant. Although the government is always ready to offer these grants to low-income earners, they are not given to them directly. Instead, they are distributed to various non-profit and non-governmental groups, which then distribute them to needy individuals. In this article, we shall take a closer look at the sources of government grants for dental implants, how to apply for them, eligibility requirements, and so forth.
Sources of The Government Grants for Dental Implant
The Government’s dental implant grants cover a wide range of services. You can use them for first-time procedures or repeated dental treatments. Below is a list of the grants you can consider today for your much-needed dental procedure.
Medicaid provides medical aid for dental surgeries and treatment to needy people. It’s a go-to grant option that any low-income dental patient should consider. Medicaid services are available across all states in the USA.
It is worth noting that Medicaid grant only offers a partial. That means it will not foot all your dental surgery expenses. However, it reimburses for all high-cost processes. This sort of grant may not sound as sweet as covering the entire expenses. But it relieves the central pressure on the patient’s shoulder.
If you are not sure of your best dental implant grant, you can inquire with your dentist. They can be of help in choosing the best Medicaid plan that gives you all the benefits you are eligible for.
2. Healthier Smiles Grant Program
The above-mentioned program was introduced by Wrigley Company Foundation. It is imperative to note that this program is a nationwide dental implant program. Its services are available various parts of the United States of America. The program targets individuals suffering from dire dental problems.
The Healthier Smile Grant program offers grants ranging from $2,500 to $5,000. The allocation depends on the applicant’s financial situation, severity of their case, eligibility among other critical factors.
3. Dental Lifeline Network
The Dental Lifeline Network is a nonprofit making program that aims at helping the needy with free dental implants. Even though it caters for all groups, special consideration is given for certain people. For example, the elderly, patients with sensitive mouths and those with a persistent disability.
Donated Dental Services operates under the umbrella of Dental Lifeline Network. Currently, it has 15000 dentists who normally work in 3700+ labs across the United States. The organization works to uplift people’s health life. It provides free oral health assessment and grants for free dental implants to persons unable to afford dental Care.
Being a nationwide initiative; the program has all its services across the country. However, different cities and states may have different eligibility criteria. Therefore, it is essential to verify your city program requirements before applying to up your chances of qualifying. More importantly, you will need to obtain a letter from a doctor indicating that you need to enroll in this program, thanks to your dental problems.
4. The Academy of General Dentistry
The AGD Foundation is an NGO helping people with their oral health. It ensures that patients receive the best services for their dental treatment. And achieves so by offering cosmetic dental grants to people in dire need.
Besides the government funding for dental implants, The AGD foundation offers cosmetic dental grants. This covers all the expenses and other resources essential for the implant. These include dental surgeries, dental caps, dentures and more. Currently, the organization offers grants for dental implants within the United States and Canada.
5. The ADA Foundation
The American Dental Association Foundation (ADA) is a charitable organization betting people’s life. It collaborates with eight other organizations to deliver cosmetic dental grants.
The ADA Foundation offers grants of up to $120,000 to all collaborating organizations annually. Each year, approximately 2,500 persons benefit from the ADA programs. This makes it one of the top grant providers in the country.
Their numerous plans and offers also make ADA a worthy grant provider. Their plans cover variety of dental treatment services. This gives the beneficiaries the freedom to choose their best option based on their needs.
6. Dental Preventive Clinical Support
This program aims at supporting financially disadvantaged individuals in need of dental treatments. The company is sponsored by the Indian Health Service (HIS) and the Department of Health and Human Services.
The program offers a patient application for dental treatment online. That makes it easy to apply and track the process. It is also worth noting that the grant focuses more on preventive treatments.
7. DentalQuest Community Response Fund
The DentaQuest Community Response Fund proposes uplifting people from underprivileged and underdeveloped communities. The project is a nationwide initiative and everyone can access its benefit. It offers cosmetic dental grants to underserved persons.
The application process is simple; you fill in all forms and submit online. Since you can make an application online, be sure that you will enjoy unmatched convenience. As far as the amount of grant is concerned, it is important to note that it will be awarded to you based on your income level and the severity of your case.
8. Dental Schools
Dental schools provide dental implant grants and other dental health supports as part of their aesthetic dentistry program. Mainly, medical students offer these services for free as part of their academic work.
The beneficiaries are the patients who get free primary assessment. If you want free dental implants, a dental school can be an excellent place. However, make sure you inquire about each detail concerning the procedure.
Other Dental Implant Grants
1. Dentistry From Heart
The above-mentioned organization is known to offer government grants to all eligible individuals living within the United States. Therefore, if you are grappling with the cost of dental implants, this organization is the best solution for you.
Since it will cater for all the expenses that you will incur during the dental implant procedure, be certain that you will be able to save more on your overall budget. Unlike other companies, this one is based in Florida. Thankfully, its services are available to those not only residing in Florida but also those living in other states within USA.
2. Smile Changes Lives
The above-mentioned non-profit organization usually helps individuals from low-income families to get a healthier dental life. Therefore, if you need a grant to cater for your dental implants costs, be sure that this organization will be a lifesaver for you.
Unlike other organizations, this one has come up with a number of payment plans that can enable you to cater to dental implants inexpensively. Besides this, they also offer free dental implants to the needy.
Currently, this organization has treated more than 12000 young adults and kids who want to gain confidence in their smiles. In most cases, this organization offers grants for dental implants o teens and children who meet its set eligibility requirements.
To establish whether you are eligible to enjoy these grants, visit the official website f this organization and then check out for the right cosmetic dental procedure that you can get free of charge.
3. Samuel Harris Fund
The above-mentioned organization offers philanthropic services to those in need. Here, you are likely to enjoy dental implant procedures more conveniently. Just like other conventional Federal dental implant grants, you will not get to enjoy the dental implant treatment directly.
Instead, the organization disburses funds to organizations that offer oral health treatment to the less fortunate in society. Some of the organizations that benefit from this fund include certain dentists’ clinics, dental schools, and hospitals. If you are eligible to get a grant for dental implants from any of the organizations mentioned above, be certain that will only be able to get an amount of not more than $5000.
4. United Way
Unlike other non-profit organizations, this one takes pride in having multiple offices in nearly every part of the United States. If you want to get a grant for dental implants from this organization, consider visiting any of its offices spread across the U.S.
Better still, you can apply for these grants online and see how it goes. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements of this organization, you will stand out to benefit from the various grants it offers for dental implant procedures.
5. Access to Care
This program was established by the Happier Smile Program in a bid to help those struggling financially to cater for their dental treatment costs. Therefore, if you want to get a grant for dental implants, you can visit this program’s official website and get started. Here, you will find a number of dental implant treatments, eligibility conditions, deadlines, Access to Care Grants, application forms and so much more.
How to Apply for A Government Dental Implant Grant
The process of applying for a government dental implant grant is generally easy and straightforward. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- First, research and evaluate the suitable financing program for your dental needs. Settle on the most appropriate institution based on your dental needs. Should be one that offers the maximum benefits.
- Provide a strong case stating reasons why you require their assistance with your dental treatment procedure.
- Complete the application forms on the organization’s website, attach and submit all the documentation.
- A jury panel will appraise your application to see if you qualify for the grant. If fit, you will need to find a dentist and perform an oral assessment.
- Following your appraisal, the same dentist will define your eligibility for the grant. If found eligible, the same dentist will send information regarding your oral health appraisal to the organization. The organization will then attach the documentation to your application documents. If your case is more deserving, the program will present you with dental implant funds through a specific dental implant grant.
- Finally, consider visiting a hospital or dental school so as to undergo the surgery or treatment procedure.
Requirements for The Government Dentistry Grants Program
These public organizations provide dental implant expense coverage to a good number of candidates. To benefit from the grant, you must meet specific requirements. The eligibility criteria differ with different organizations as well as the state. However, the fundamental requirements are similar to all funding institutions.
The necessary thing to put in mind is that these grant schemes are designed exclusively for low-income people. Therefore, for the application to be verified, specific documentation is required. Usually, you will need to produce proof of income status through various documentation such as income and expenditure summary and tax status, amongst others.
Funding Alternatives to A Dentistry Grants Program
Don’t be disillusioned if you don’t qualify for any government dental implant grant. There are alternative ways you can secure funding for your dental treatment. Below are some of the options you can consider;
- Dental Loans: A dental loan might be a better option if you can’t find a grant to meet your dental needs. However, before taking a dental loan, ensure its interest rate is not very high. Again, you should ensure the amount isn’t too high to service with the agreed timeline. Otherwise, you’ll end up paying a huge amount in the form of interest.
- Dental Insurance: Another way of paying for your dental treatment is by getting dental insurance. There is a variety of options for acquiring dental insurance. Before settling on an insurer, research the program that best addresses your dental needs.
- Religious Organizations: Several religious organizations collaborate with the federal government to provide financial aid to citizens. Their fair share of the good act includes dental implant grants to the needy and low-income persons. In most cases, religious organizations do not offer liquid cash under the cosmetic dental implant grants heading. They provide for dental expenditures.
- Flexible Spending Account: With a flexible spending account, you will be able to reduce the costs that come with dental implant treatment. All you need to do is to give this card to your dentist and you will be able to cater for the associated dental treatment costs as a loan. Thereafter, you will be given 52 weeks to repay that loan. This option can work magic for those who want to pay for dental implants but hardly have enough funds to cater for the entire costs upfront.
- Look out for free dental clinics around the United States: Although getting a free dental clinic can be a tall order for many, there are still certain non-profit organizations that help you get the much-needed dental treatment as a relatively lower cost. However, there are certain eligibility requirements that you must meet so that you can qualify for a free care program.
Thanks to the government’s input through dental implant grants, needy citizens can afford a smile. There isn’t rocket science in winning a free government dental grant. All you need is proof of your inability to pay for dental care because of your low income. And even if you don’t qualify for the free government grants, you can always try alternative financing dental treatment.