Tablets are essential devices that everyone should own. However, these gadgets are highly priced, making them less accessible to low income consumers. Luckily, getting a free tablet from the government is now possible through the affordable connectivity program. To get a free tablet from this program however, there are a number of requirements to meet. For instance, you should be a low income consumer, whose total income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. Besides, you can get a free tablet if you are a beneficiary of any eligible government assistance program, like Medicaid. Are you a Medicaid beneficiary who’s in search of free tablet? You are in the right page. Herein, we shall discuss what qualifies you for a free tablet with Medicaid in 2023, application process, documents required among other related topics. Let’s get started!
Medicaid is a government assistance program that was meant to help millions of consumers to afford healthcare services. The program is available both on state and federal level to ensure the needy, disabled, pregnant women, children and the elderly can afford health care benefits. However, there are requirements to meet before accessing Medicaid. For instance, you must be a US resident whose income is below 135% of the federal poverty guideline.
Way to Get A Free Tablet With Medicaid In 2023
Although it’s possible to get a free tablet with Medicaid, this program don’t offer free tablet directly. Instead, Medicaid automatically qualifies you for free tablet from the affordable connectivity program.
Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP is a government assistance program that was initiated after the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic. The aim of this program was to provide free or discounted broadband services and connectivity devices to families that lost their jobs or income as a result of the pandemic. Therefore, ACP is strictly meant to help the jobless or low income consumers afford broadband services and devices. In addition, members of government assistance programs like Medicaid are also considered eligible for ACP benefits.
There are several benefits through which Medicaid members can get from ACP program. This includes discounts on devices like tablets, laptops or computers. To be precise, ACP offers a discount of up to $100 to Medicaid members towards purchasing a tablet. Once you get your ACP discount, you should now contact ACP service provider near you to receive your discounted tablet.
Eligibility Requirements To Meet Before Getting A Free Tablet With Medicaid
If you want to get a free tablet with Medicaid, you should meet Medicaid eligibility requirements. Below are requirements that make you eligible for this program,:
- You must be a full Citizen of United States or a non-citizen with a lawful permanent residence.
- To qualify for a free tablet with Medicaid, you must be residing in the state that you are applying for Medicaid from
- To qualify, you must come from a low income household, with a total income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guideline.
- You can also qualify for Medicaid as a disabled or a senior above 55 years.
Documents Needed To Apply For A Free Tablet With Medicaid
When applying for a free tablet with Medicaid, you should attach copies of documents to prove that you qualify for Medicaid. In addition, you should attach documents to prove your identity and residential address. Below are the documents needed to apply for a free tablet with Medicaid.
- Medicaid membership card, approval letter, verification letter or benefit award letter.
- Identity documents like your passport, green card, birth certificate, US driver’s license or certificate of US naturalization.
- Address documents like utility bill or lease statement.
How Do I Apply For A Free Tablet With Medicaid
After meeting free tablet eligibility requirements discussed above and gathering all the required documents, you can now apply for a free tablet through a very easy process. Below are the simple steps to follow:
Step 1: Make sure you are enrolled for Medicaid. If not enrolled, you can visit a nearby Medicaid office and start your application. You can also send an email at “Medicaid.email@example.com” or send a mail to the following address:
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services
7500 Security Boulevard
Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850
Once you get approved for Medicaid, you can now apply for a free tablet via ACP.
Step 2: At this juncture, you should now enroll for ACP through the Affordable connectivity program website. To enroll for the program, open this link “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/show-you-qualify” and complete the available application form.
The form requires you to provide your home address, email address, phone number and the last four digits if your social security number. You can also attach your tribal ID number, passport, Driver’s license or any other Government ID number. This plays a crucial role in establishing your free tablet qualification.
Make sure you complete the form as required then hit the “submit” button. After submitting your form, you will get approval within few business hours.
Step 3: After getting an approval from the lifeline national verifier, you should use ACP near-me-tool to identify ACP companies that offer free tablets around you. You can locate a company by providing your state, city or ZIP code. To locate a company near you, visit this link “affordableconnectivity.gov/companies-near-me” and tap on “search providers”.
Once you locate a provider, contact them and get directions on how to get a free tablet. Your selected provider will then ship a free tablet to your address within few business days.
Carriers that Offer Free Tablets With Medicaid
Here is a list of companies that offer free tablets with Medicaid in various states:
- Airtalk Wireless: Airtalk Wireless is a very reliable ACP provider that offers discounted tablets from as little as $10.01. If you are an eligible Medicaid beneficiary, this carrier offers free tablets like Apple IPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and Apple IPad mini among others. To apply for a free tablet from this company, visit their online page “airtalkwireless.com/tablet” and tap the “apply” button.
- Easy wireless: You can also get a free tablet from this service provider through Medicaid. Herein, you can get 8 inches tablet from as little as $10.01. All you need to do is visit easy wireless official website “myeasywireless.com” and start your application.
- Qlink Wireless: Do you need a free tablet with Medicaid, this is another ideal carrier to consider. From this carrier, you will be able to purchase your favorite tablet for only $10.01. Your tablet will come with additional benefits like free shipping, free SIM card kit, free unlimited data, texts and calls. To apply for a free tablet from Qlink wireless, visit their official website “qlinkwireless.com/customer/shop/phones/30700” and start your application:
- Cintex Wireless: Medicaid members can also get a free tablet from cintex wireless through a very easy process. From the carrier, you can get models like Samsung galaxy Tab E, apple IPad 3, Apple IPad Air and Alcatel Joy Tab among others. To apply for your free device, open this website “cintexwireless.com/tablet” and tap the “apply” icon.
What Models Of Free Tablets Do I Get With Medicaid
When applying for a free tablet with Medicaid, ACP provider will send you entry-level to mid-range quality tablets, based on your state and availability. Below are models of free tablets that you are likely to get with Medicaid:
- Samsung Galaxy TAB E
- Apple iPad 3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2018
- Apple iPad Air
- Apple iPad mini 2
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- KonnectONE Moxee Tablet
- Apple iPad mini
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
- Apple iPad 4
Are There Limitations When Getting Free Tablet With Medicaid
Yes. Free tablets with Medicaid are limited to low income consumers or members of government assistance programs like Medicaid. These tablets are also limited to one member in every household and are non-transferable among members. Free tablet with Medicaid is also a one-time offer. Lastly, you need to use your ACP benefits at least once in a month to continue enjoying this offer.
Benefits You May Get When Apply For A Free Tablet With Medicaid
When you apply and get approved for a free tablet with Medicaid, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- You will get free unlimited call minutes
- You will get free unlimited text services
- You will get free monthly high-speed data
- You will get free hotspot services.
- You will get a free SIM card kit
- You will get a free shipping
- With these services, you will be able to study online, work online, access virtual healthcare, access virtual job opportunities and connect with friends and loved ones.
Other Ways Of Qualifying For Free Tablets Apart From Medicaid
If you need a free tablet but not qualified for Medicaid, worry not because there are other ways to qualify for a free tablet apart from Medicaid. These are:
- You will get a free device if your total household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline
- You will get a free tablet if you received a federal Pell grant in your current academic year
- You will get a free tablet as a lifeline beneficiary
- You will get a free tablet if you participate in a free or reduced price school lunch or school breakfast program
- You will get a free tablet if you participate in other government assistance programs like supplemental; nutrition assistance program ( SNAP ), supplemental security income (SSI), special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children or federal public housing assistance.
Why was my free tablet with Medicaid application rejected?
This could be as a result of attaching blurred or invalid application form. If you are not an active Medicaid member or your total income is above 200% of the federal poverty guideline, you will also get disqualified for a free tablet with Medicaid.
Can I upgrade my free tablet with Medicaid?
Yes, most ACP providers allow consumers to upgrade their free tablets. However, free tablet upgrade is not a free program. To upgrade your free tablet, you will need to cater for the cost of your new device.
How long does it take to get my free tablet with Medicaid after application?
Once you apply and get approved for a free tablet with Medicaid, your provider will start shipping your device immediately. Depending with your address, it might take 3 to 7 approximate business days to receive your free tablet.
What other ways can I get a free tablet with Medicaid?
Apart from free tablet with Medicaid, you can also get a free tablet from non-profit organizations and programs like world computer exchange, computer for learning and adaptive.org. In addition, you can participate in virtual giveaways and get a free tablet. You can also get help from your local church or look for carriers that give free tablets for new and existing customers.