Whether you want to learn from home or want to look for a job online, there is a need for you to invest in a good laptop. However, a decent laptop can cost an arm and a leg. As a result, those Americans who come from low-income families might not be able to afford to purchase a good laptop upfront. Thankfully, this is not the end of the road for them as they can now get a discounted model thanks to Amazon’s Discounted Product Program. If you meet the much-needed eligibility requirements for this program, trust that you will get a brand-new laptop from Amazon and enjoy more convenience. Also, Amazon has a number of impressive discounted laptop deals that can please you. To learn more about how to get a free laptop from Amazon, read this article and you will be all set!
Ways To Get A Free Laptop From Amazon
By now, you are aware that you can obtain a free laptop from Amazon. If you are interested in getting a free model from Amazon, here are the various methods that can help you get started:
Discounted laptops through amazon prime student
One way to get a discounted laptop is by signing up for Amazon Prime students. This can work well if you are already a college student. Besides getting a discounted laptop, note that you will be able to access Prime Music and Prime Video free of charge for a period of 6 months. To qualify for all these exclusive offers, ensure that your email address is active and then provide verification documents so that you can get enrolled.
Discounted laptops through amazon prime access
If you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as LIHEAP, WIC, NSLP, Tribal Head Start or Tribal TANF, be sure that you can now get a discounted laptop via Amazon Prime Access. However, you must be able to present document that shows that you are eligible for any of the above-mentioned federal assistance programs. Since you will not be charged any shipping charges, note that you are bound to save more money on your desired laptop model.
Discounted laptops through Amazon layaway
Amazon layaway allows you to pay for your laptop of choice partially and then complete the rest of the payments in installments of 2 weeks. If you choose to purchase your laptop via Amazon layaway, you will be required to pay 20% of the total cost of your laptop first and then pay the rest of the remaining payments after every 2 weeks.
Such arrangements allow you to obtain your desired laptop in a more affordable way. However, the product page of the selected item has to have the ‘Reserve with Layaway’ label so that you can enjoy this privilege.
Discounted laptops through Amazon contests
Every now and then, this platform usually runs a number of sweepstakes or online contests where the winners can bag a brand new laptop free of charge. To be on the safe side, always keep an eye on these contests’ announcements on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Although they do not take place regularly, taking part in them can enable you get a free laptop and thus save more bucks.
Discounted laptops through Amazon limited offers and deals
Besides the above-mentioned methods, one can get a discounted laptop by considering the various deals this platform offers from time to time. If you visit Amazon’s online platform, you will come across a section that reads ‘Deals’. Once you visit that section, you will be able to see an array of discount and promotion offers on various products such as laptops.
For optimal results, ensure that you visit the page regularly so that you cannot miss any of these offers. By considering these offers, you will not have to strain your budget so that you can afford your preferred laptop model.
Requirements To Meet Before Getting A Free Laptop From Amazon
To be able to get a free laptop from Amazon, here are the requirements that you must meet:
- To start with, you must ensure that you live in the United States and have as an undergraduate student in an accredited 4-year university. Also, you should ensure that you have an active email address and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Ensure that you have an active Amazon account. If you do not have an amazon account, consider creating one.
- You should not be employed by this platform. Additionally, you should not be a beneficiary of the current Amazon employee scholarship.
- Ensure that you have a valid SSN
- Make sure that you have not applied for or even won more than 3 other scholarship within a period of 12 months.
- You must agree that you will not transfer or even sell your free laptop to any other entity within a period 12 months after receiving your model. However, after this period is over, you are at liberty to distribute, sell or even transfer it to another person.
What’s The Process Of Getting A Free Laptop From Amazon
Since you already know the various requirements one needs to meet so that he or she can get a free laptop from Amazon, time is ripe for you to know how you can start the application process. Here are the process on how to get a free laptop from Amazon:
- First and foremost, register your interest with this platform. Here, you will be required to visit the official website of Amazon and then fill out an online form. Some of the details that you might fill here include the reasons why you want to get a free laptop from Amazon, your current computer or laptop situation and so much more. Thankfully, it will only take you about 5 minutes to fill out this form.
- Once you fill in the online application form, check whether every detail keyed in correct and then submit it to Amazon. This platform’s team will review it and then offer you a response within a few days.
- If your application was successful, Amazon team will send you an email informing you that you are eligible to get a free laptop. On the other hand, if your application never saw the light of day, note that this platform’s team will offer an explanation why you did not qualify to get a free model.
- In case you qualified for a free laptop, the next step is to choose your preferred laptop model. The good news is that Amazon has a plethora of impressive models to choose from. Although there is no guarantee that you will get the model that you have always yearned for, be certain that you will not fail to get a decent model that will suit your needs. From high-end models to budget-friendly laptops, there are plenty of models you can select on this platform.
- After choosing your preferred model, add it to your card and then read the terms and conditions of this platform. Note that you have to agree to these terms and conditions before you checkout. More importantly, ensure that everything is right as you might not be able to reverse the process after submitting your order.
- If everything is right, complete the order and then wait for the laptop to be delivered to your premise. You can expect to receive your free laptop from Amazon within a period of 3 to 5 business days. However, this duration might vary depending on where you live.
What Types Of Free Laptop Can I Get From Amazon
As we mentioned above, there is no guarantee that you will always get the model that you have always desired for from this platform. This is because these models are issued based on their availability and where one lives in. However, if you fail to get a brand-new laptop, note that you can get a refurbished one at a discounted price. Some of the laptop models that you can get from Amazon include:
- HP Stream 14
- Acer Chrome 315
- Samsung Chromebook
- HP Pavilion 14” Laptop
- Dell K75NJ Latitude 7490 Notebook
- Acer Swift 3,14” Full HD IPS
- Google Pixelbook Go- (Touch screen Chromebook)
- Dell G5 15 5590 Gaming laptop
Factors To Consider When Getting My Free Laptop From Amazon
It is no secret that Amazon boasts of selling a myriad of laptop models to different customers out there. With this in mind, chances of getting spoilt for choice are very high if you want to get your first model from this platform. However, this should no longer be the case as we shall compile a list of factors that you should consider when getting your free laptop from Amazon. Some of these factors include:
- Your model of choice should be lightweight and portable. With this feature in place, you will be able to carry it wherever you want with utmost precision.
- It should have a larger RAM and ROM. The larger the ROM, the higher the internal storage space. Therefore, you will have ample space to store your favorite videos, photos, documents, movies, documentaries and so on. A larger RAM on the other end allows your computer to be fast whenever it is in use. For optimal results, ensure that your free Amazon laptop has a minimum RAM of 4GB
- The laptop should have a relatively larger screen so that you can see everything clearly whenever the laptop is in use. Most people prefer laptops with a screen size of 13 inches or thereabout.
- It should come with a long lasting battery
- Depending on the purpose of your free Amazon laptop, be keen to check its CPU. In most cases, entry-level laptop come with a Core i3 processor. On the other hand, mid-range laptop come with Core i5 processor. Finally, high end models come with Core i7 processor.
- Check whether the model has USB 3.0 ports. These ports can play a critical role whenever want to transfer data to and from your laptop to another device.
- It should also come with Bluetooth functionality so that you can share files with other wireless devices.
How Long Should I Wait Before Getting A Free Laptop From Amazon
The duration that it will take before you obtain your free laptop from Amazon varies depending on the model’s availability and where one lives. In this case, the shipping duration might take about 3-5 business days. More importantly, ensure that you track your order online so that you can establish when you are likely to receive your free laptop after placing an order.
What Are The Measures For Maintaining Laptop From Amazon
Once you obtain a free or discounted laptop from Amazon, there is a need for you to ensure that you keep it in a pristine state. After all this is the only way that this device will serve you for many years. To maintain your free laptop from Amazon, consider these ideas:
- Ensure that your laptop is running on the latest operating system.
- Make sure that you update your security features so that your model does not become vulnerable to malware and viruses. Additionally, run antivirus scans every now and then so that you can remove any malicious software that might have found its way into your laptop.
- Ensure that you keep your laptop clean. If possible, avoid keeping it in a dusty environment. Also, ensure that you clean it once in a while. For optimal results, let this process be handled by a professional laptop technician near you.
- Always back up all your data so that you can avoid the potential loss of vital details in the near future. For instance, you can back up some of this data to your Google Cloud account, or on another external hard disk.
- Avoid placing your laptop at the edge of the table to avoid potential falls, which might lead to further damage.
- Invest in a protective bag so that you can transport your laptop safely. Besides this, consider buying a laptop bag and you will be good to go.
- Remove unused files and apps. This way, your laptop will be able to process commands faster than ever.
- Reduce the number of application that auto-launch after you switch on your computer.
- Avoid overcharging your laptop.
- Consider taking your laptop to a professional technician once in a while for maintenance purposes. The good news is that this professional will be able to fix those issues that you could not have identified on your own and thus ensure that your laptop operates optimally once again.
Can I Return Or Get A Replacement Of My Free Laptop From Amazon
Not really. As we speak, it is not possible to return your free laptop to Amazon. This means that you will be solely responsible for maintaining your laptop once you receive it. Suppose you are not satisfied with your free laptop, consider contacting the Amazon customer support team for help and guidance. If your reason is convincing enough, you might be lucky to get a refund or a replacement model.
Alternative Ways Of Getting A Free Laptop Besides Amazon
If you are not able to get a free laptop from Amazon, worry not as you can get a free or discounted model from other sources. Here are alternative ways on how to get a free laptop:
Free laptops from the government
In a bid to bridge the digital divide, the Federal government is now offering free laptops to all eligible individuals via the Affordable Connectivity Program. All you need to do is to apply for ACP and be able to get a laptop with as low as $10.01. The ACP carrier will on the other hand offer a one-time discount towards the purchase of your desired laptop model.
To qualify for ACP, you should ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or be a participant of a government assistance program such as SNAP, SSI, WIC, Medicaid, Tribal TANF or Tribal Head Start.
Free laptops from non-profit organizations
Besides the Federal government, one can now get a free laptop from non-profit organizations such as:
- Alliance for Technology Refurbishing and Reuse Program
- Computer with Causes
- Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
- The On It Foundation
- With Causes
- Everyone On
- World Computer Exchange
- Notebook for Students
Since these charity and non-profit organizations have different eligibility requirements, it is important that you visit your preferred organization’s or platform’s official website and then determine if you can qualify for a free model or not. As long as you fill in the application form correctly, trust that you will be able to get a free tablet and thus be connected.
Free laptops from various carrier’s deals
Look out for a carrier that offers laptop deals within your locality. Although you might not essentially get a free laptop, you might be lucky to purchase a decent model at a budget-friendly price. Consequently, you will be able to save more dollars in the long run.
Free laptops from online contests and giveaways
You can also participate in online content and giveaways and establish if you can get a free laptop. During these online contests and giveaways, you might be asked to complete a simple task online and be able to win a laptop. As long as you get it right, you stand a chance to bag a free model.
Free laptops from your local library or local church
Apart from the methods that we have discussed above, note that you can obtain a free laptop from your local church or library. For instance, if you choose to get a laptop from your local library, it is imperative to note that you will only have it for a short period. However, you need to be a member of that local library so that you can obtain a free model.
When it comes to your local churches and faith-based groups, you need to convince them that you need a free model and might be lucky to get a free laptop right away. Also, ensure that you are a member of that local church so that you can maximize your chances of getting a free laptop.
- Free Government Laptops for Low-Income Families
- How to Get Free Tablet With Medicaid
- How To Get Free Tablet With Food Stamps
Is free Amazon’s laptop completely free?
Well, it depends on the method you choose to obtain your model from Amazon. For instance, of you opt to sign up as an Amazon Prime student, note that you can get a mount-watering discount on your preferred laptop model. As a result, the model might not be free of charge per se. However, if you choose to participate in Amazon contests, note that you might be lucky to get a free model.
Can I get a free Amazon laptop through the government?
Yes. However, the laptop model might vary depending on its availability and where one lives. More importantly, trust that you will get a decent model that will suit your needs.
What are the terms and conditions of getting a free laptop from Amazon?
To obtain a free laptop from Amazon, there are certain requirements that you ought to meet. These include:
- You should ensure that you an active Prime member and have enrolled in the annual membership plan.
- Ensure that you have bought a laptop, tablet or computer on Amazon in the last 12 months.
- Suppose you request for a free model from Amazon, you are needed to submit a proof of purchase.
- Before you can apply for a free laptop, first ensue that your desired model is available on this platform. This is because your preferred model might only be available during certain times of the year.
- Your free laptop will come with a one-year warranty. However, there are some models that come with a longer warranty from the manufacturer.
How do I avoid scams when requesting a free laptop from Amazon?
As you purpose to request for a free laptop from Amazon, there is a need for you to avoid being scammed. The following are some of the ideas that can help you keep free laptop scams at bay:
- Ensure that you read the terms and conditions of Amazon before you start the actual application process
- Avoid sharing your passwords with anyone
- Do not share your SSN
- Avoid doing business with someone who requests to do business with you outside Amazon’s official website.
- Be careful when dealing with 3rd party Amazon sellers.
- If you come across links in your email, do not be fast to click them. Moreso if the sender makes asks you to click the link urgently, chances are that he or she is a scammer.
- Do not be quick to purchase gift cards. After all, Amazon does not require its customers to purchase gift cards.