From making learning easier to enable you to work from the comfort of your home, there are many benefits you can reap once you invest in a laptop. Depending on your preferred model, you might have to part with hundreds of dollars in order to purchase one upfront. Suppose you come from a low-income family; this might be a pipe dream as you might not be able to afford one right away. Fortunately, the Federal government now allows you to purchase your desired laptop more affordably via ACP. All you need to do is fill in a free government laptop application form correctly, attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents, and submit it for consideration. To learn more about how to get a free government laptop application form and sample application format, read this article, and you will be good to go.
Free Government Laptops Application Form 2023
First and foremost, it is possible to get a free or discounted laptop via Affordable Connectivity Program. To obtain this model, one needs to fill in a free government laptop application form 2023. When it comes to the application form 2023, there are several details that you need to fill in. However, these details depend on the ACP carrier you choose to work with. Some of the details that you need to key in include:
- Your official name in full
- Date of birth
- Place of residence
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
Since these details will have to be verified by your preferred ACP carrier or the National Verifier, there is a need for you to ensure that you fill them correctly. Once you fill in your details, you will be required to attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents so that your details can be ascertained. If everything is right, trust that you will be able to obtain your preferred laptop within a few days.
Organizations that Providing Free Laptops Through the Application Form
Besides getting a free laptop from ACP carriers, be certain that you will get a discounted model from a government organization such as:
PCs for People
This is one of the reputable organizations that offer basic wireless devices and services to low income earners who live in the United States. As long as you are eligible for ACP, trust that you will be able to get a discounted laptop from this organization.
To apply for a discounted laptop from this organization, visit “acp.pcsrefurbished.com/acp” and then tick all the boxes that you will find on your screen. By doing so, you will be agreeing to the ACP terms of this organization. After that, click on the ‘Accept and Continue’ button and then follow the other prompts that you will find on your screen.
This is a non-profit organization that has played a major role in bridging the digital divide among the Americans. One way this organization has managed to achieve this objective is by offering discounted laptops to all ACP eligible individuals. If you want to get a discounted model from Human-I-Visit “human-i-t.org/acp” and then key in your details on the online application form that you will find on that site.
Other Organizations that Offer Free Laptops
The following are the other organization that offers free laptops to low-income Americans:
The above-mentioned organization mainly offers computers to individuals who come from low-income families. The following are the categories of individuals who can get a free laptop from this carrier:
- Children above the age of 5 to college age
- Senior citizens
- Individuals with disabilities.
To apply for a free laptop from this organization, consider visiting adaptive.org or reach to them on phone by dialing 1-800-763-3097.
This is another non-profit organization that offers laptops and computers to those people who need them within the United States. The eligibility requirement here might vary from one country to another.
Therefore, there is no clear cut as to the requirements one needs to meet so as to get a free laptop. If you want to apply for a free laptop from this organization, visit smartriverside.org or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
World Computer Exchange
The above-mentioned organization works hand in hand with other partners such as libraries, NGOs, government and schools in order to get and distribute various computers and laptops to those in need. As long as you can prove that you earn a low income, be certain that you will be able to get a free model. To apply for this organization’s free laptop, visit “worldcomputerexchange.org/get-involved/get-computers“.
Computers With Causes
Run by the Giving Center, this charity organization accepts laptops and computers from well-off individuals and then offer them to low income individuals out there. Some of the people who can get a free laptop from this organization include; people in shelter homes, parents, teachers, students, the disabled U.S veterans and those in foster homes. If you are interested in applying for a free model from this organization, click computerswithcauses.org/application and fill in the online application that you will come across.
This organization’s goal is to ensure that those in need are able to enjoy budget-friendly devices and internet services. To make this possible, this organization works partners with other carriers that offer pocket-friendly laptops to those in need.
Therefore, you need to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirement of the carrier that has partnered with Everyone On so that you can get a free laptop. In most cases, most carriers require applicants to either be participants of government assistance programs or be low-income earners. To apply for a free model from Everyone On, click everyoneon.org/lowcost-offers and then choose your preferred carrier. Thereafter, kickstart the application process.
Freecycle mainly collects used laptops and computers and then recycles them before donating them to needy individuals. Suppose you want to get a free model from this organization, visit freecycle.org/browse/US and then look out for a used or refurbished model within your locality.
Microsoft Registered Refurbishers
Although Microsoft is known to create various software that can be used by computers, it also enables low-income earners to get free laptops. Here, this company works hand-in-hand in other organizations and individuals to offer used computers to those who badly need them. All you need to prove is that you cannot manage to purchase a computer upfront and can stand a chance to get a free laptop. For more details, visit “devicepartner.microsoft.com/en-us/communications/comm-microsoft-refurbisher-programs“.
The On It Foundation
The above-mentioned foundation offers computers to children who come from low-income families. Apart from coming from low income families, these kids should be attending public schools that are located in the United States. They should also be between grade K and 12. Finally, they must be participant s of reduced or free lunch program.
Unlike other organizations, this one partners with other companies that manufactures computers so as to offer free laptops to those in need. However, you need to prove that you come from a low income family and that you need a laptop so that to get a free model. To fill in your application, visit “withcauses.org/askforhelp.htm“.
Computers for Learning
This program aims at making computers to be an integral part of every classroom in the United States. Suppose you learn in such as school, you are likely to get a chance to get a free laptop that can facilitate your learning process. To learn more about this program, visit computersforlearning.gov.
Ways to Finding Free Government Laptops Application Form
If you are looking for a free government laptop application form, there are 3 main methods that can help you get started. To start with, visit the National Verifier’s official website by clicking “getinternet.gov/apply?” and then tap on the ‘Apply Now’ button. Thereafter, follow the prompts that you will find on your screen.
Besides this, you can obtain the free government laptops application form by visiting “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf“. Here you can download the ACP application form if you want to apply for a free laptop via the mail method.
Finally, you can visit your preferred ACP carrier’s official website and then key in your ZIP code as required. Thereafter, tap on the ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Get Started’ button so that you can be redirected to the actual application form. Unlike the mail method, this one has to be filled online.
What do I Need to Know to Fill-out the Free Government Laptops Application Form
There are a number of ideas that you should put into consideration when filling out the free government laptops application form. Some of these ideas include:
- Ensure that you have met the much-needed ACP eligibility requirements. For instance, you should ensure that you have a low income or be a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SSI, SNAP, WIC, Tribal Head Start, Tribal TANF, among others.
- You should ensure that you have vital personal details at your fingertips. These include your official name, valid email address, place of residence, the last 4 digits of your SSN, and so on.
- Make sure that you enter your details correctly. Once you are done filling these details, it is imperative that you make confirmations before proceeding to the next step.
- Remember to attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to the free government laptops application form. Additionally, ensure that these copies are clear and not blur.
- If you have to mail your free government laptops application form, make sure that you send it to the right address. Ideally, you should mail it to the ACP Support Center via this address; P.O Box Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- You should ensure that you are 18 years and above so that your application can be approved.
- Ensure that you live in a state where your selected ACP service provider offers its services.
- As you purpose to fill in the free government laptop application form, note that it is only one person per household can key in his or her details at a time. This is because the ACP benefits can only be enjoyed by one person per household.
- Make sure that you are not enjoying the benefits of another carrier’s Affordable Connectivity Program. This way, chances of your application being approved are very high.
Free Government Laptops Program
From the discussion above, it is clear that ACP offers free government laptops. This program was launched in 31st December 2021 after the EBB program came to an end. Since then, it has been in operation and has enabled all beneficiaries to enjoy a number of incredible offers. Some of these offers include:
- Your preferred ACP service provider will offer a one-time discount of up to $100 so that you can afford to purchase your desired laptop less expensively.
- Discounts of up to $30 monthly if you reside on Non-Tribal lands. However, if you reside on Tribal lands, you stand the chance to enjoy discounts of up to $75 per month.
- Unlimited talk, text and mobile data. However, these offers might vary depending on the carrier you choose to work with.
Eligibility Criteria for Fill up Free Government Laptops Application Form
To fill up a free government laptops application form, there are certain eligibility requirements that you should meet first. These requirements include:
1. Be a low-income earner
Your income has to stand at or be below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. These guidelines are not homogenous as they vary from one state to another. For instance, if you live in California, there is a need for you check what its Federal Poverty Guidelines outline and then establish if you meet the much-needed threshold or not.
2. Be a participant in a government assistance program
Apart from having a low income, as discussed above, it is possible for you to fill up the free government laptops application form in case you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program. Some of the notable programs that can make you eligible include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- You are a beneficiary of the Free and Reduced Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program, including at the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- You are a participant of the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children(WIC)
- You were a beneficiary of the Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Make sure that you live in a state where your preferred Affordable Connectivity Program service provider offers its services.
- Be 18 years and above
- In case you are emancipated, you are eligible to fill up a free government laptops application form. However, you must have your eligibility documents at hand so that you can get started.
Documents Needed to Fill up Free Government Laptops Application Form
Despite having a low income or being a participant in a government assistance program, your eligibility status has to be proved by your selected ACP carrier. Additionally, your identity has to be verified so that you can be able to obtain a free or discounted laptop. To prove your identity and eligibility status, consider submitting a copy of your personal and eligibility document respectively. In the subsequent sections, we shall outline these documents so that you can know what to gather before you start filling the free government laptop application form.
1. Personal documents
When it comes to personal documents, your preferred copy should have crucial details such as your official name, date of birth, where you live and so much more. Some good examples of personal documents that you should submit alongside your application form include:
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Utility bill
- Lease or mortgage statement
- Tax or W-2 return document
- Green card or permanent resident card
- Government-issued, state, Tribal or military ID.
- U.S driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of U.S Citizenship or Naturalization
2. Eligibility documents
The kind of document that you will present as an eligibility document will be determined by the qualifying criteria met. For example if you are a participant of a government assistance program, consider submitting a copy of any of these documents:
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
However, if your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, consider attaching a copy of any of the following documents to your application form:
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation Statement of Benefits
- Divorce decree
- Veterans Administration Statement of Benefits
- Prior year’s state, Tribal or Federal tax return
- Paycheck stub
- Child support award
- Tribal or Federal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Pension or retirement statement of benefits
- Social Security Statement of Benefits
Suppose you are emancipated and want to fill in a free government laptop application form, ensure that you submit a copy of certificate of emancipation or a court order.
Step to Apply for A Free Laptop Through Free Government Laptops Application Form
The process of filling a free government laptop application form is not difficult per se. Depending on your preference, you are at liberty to choose either to do is via mail, online or through your selected ACP service provider. To learn more about these methods, read the subsequent section below:
1. Apply via the online method
When applying via this method, you need to have your computer or laptop nearby and then have a good internet connection. Thereafter, launch your web browser and then visit affordableconnectivity.gov.Tap on the ‘Apply Now’ button and then you will be redirected to a different page where you will find a number of requirements one needs to meet before starting the actual application process.
For example, you need to have a valid email address, your Tribal ID number, phone number, the last 4 digits of your SSN, and other details. Once you have gathered these details, the next step is to tap the ‘Next’ button and you will not have access to the free government laptop application form.
Key in your details as required and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to the application form. Your copies of choice should be clear enough so that your application can be approved. Check if everything is correctly filled in and then submit your application for review.
2. Apply via the mail method
This method entails the filling of physical ACP and Household Worksheet so that you can apply for a free laptop. To get started, click “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf” so that you can download the ACP application in English version. Thereafter, print it so that you can have a hardcopy of the form.
USAC recommends that you must fill in a Household Worksheet alongside the ACP form whenever you are applying for a discounted or free laptop. To access the Household Worksheet, visit “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf” and download it right away. Once you are done, print it so that you can fill it alongside the ACP form.
With these documents at hand, the next step is to fill them with your details. Thereafter, attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to the application form and then mail to the ACP Support Center using this address; P.O Box Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
3. Apply via your preferred Affordable Connectivity Program carrier
Currently, we have a number of carriers that offer free laptops via ACP in the United States. To choose a carrier that operates within your state, visit “affordableconnectivity.gov/companies-near-me” and then click on the ‘Search Providers’ button.
You will be prompted to key in your state, city, locality or ZIP code and then choose the ‘ACP’ option on your screen. Click on the ‘Search’ button and then you will be redirected to a different page where you will find the various ACP carriers that operate within your state. After choosing your preferred ACP carrier, follow these steps:
- Visit the carrier’s official website
- Key in your ZIP code and then click on the ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Get Started’ button.
- By clicking the ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Get Started’ button, you will have access to the free government laptops application form.
- Enter your details as required by your ACP carrier.
- Attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to the application form.
- Check whether all the details are right and then submit the application form for consideration.
Sample of Writing an Application for a Free Laptop from the Government
[City, State, ZIP Code]
[Government Agency or Organization]
[City, State, ZIP Code]
Subject: Application for Free Laptop
Dear [Department Name] or [To Whom It May Concern],
I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to respectfully request your consideration for a free laptop under the [Government Assistance Program Name]. I believe a laptop would significantly benefit me in [explaining your request’s purpose or context].
I am currently [briefly mention your current situation, such as being a student, job seeker, or community member]. Unfortunately, I cannot afford a laptop on my own due to [explain any financial constraints or limitations you are facing]. Therefore, I am seeking assistance from the government to obtain a laptop that would aid me in various ways.
[Next, provide specific reasons and details to support your application. Customize the content based on your situation and the points mentioned earlier. Here are a few examples:]
As a student, having a laptop would greatly enhance my educational pursuits. It would enable me to engage in online learning resources, conduct research for assignments, and collaborate with classmates on group projects. Additionally, many of my courses require specialized software, which can only be accessed through a computer. With a laptop, I could stay on top of my coursework and perform at my best academically.
Alternatively, as an unemployed individual actively seeking employment, a laptop would be invaluable in my job search efforts. It would allow me to access online job portals, create professional resumes and cover letters, and submit applications electronically. A laptop would significantly increase my chances of finding suitable employment and help me develop the digital skills vital in today’s job market.
Furthermore, a free laptop would benefit me personally and enable me to contribute to my community. I am actively involved in various volunteer initiatives and community projects that require digital tools for planning, organizing, and implementing activities. A laptop would empower me to impact and effectively support these community-based endeavors significantly.
I understand that limited resources may be available, and other deserving individuals are likely seeking similar assistance. However, I kindly request that you consider my application for a free laptop, given my genuine need and the positive outcomes it would yield.
I have enclosed the required documents to support my application, including [list any supporting documents, such as proof of student status, income statements, or recommendation letters, if applicable]. Please do not hesitate to contact me at [phone number] or [email address] if you require additional information or have any questions regarding my request.
Thank you for your attention to my application. I am grateful for any assistance you can provide in helping me acquire a laptop. I look forward to a favorable response.
[Your Full Name]
- [List the supporting documents enclosed]
What Should I Do if My Free Government Laptops Application is Rejected?
If your free government laptop application is rejected, consider pursuing the following ideas:
- Consider looking for a free or discounted model from reputable online platforms such as Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.
- Try to look for a free laptop from colleges and schools. Some colleges that offer free or discounted laptops include; Auburn University, Alabama University, Chatham University, Colorado Technical University, Full Sail University, Delaware University, San Diego State University, among others.
- Visit your local library and establish if you can get a free laptop. Although you will not be allowed to take the laptop home, note that you can always get a free model whenever you are within the library’s premises.
- Look out for a free model from your local church. If your need is genuine, you might be lucky to get a free model.
- Reach out to any charity group that operates within your locality and establish if you can get a free model.
- Try to get a free laptop from organizations such as; United Way, The One Laptop Per Child Foundation, St Vincent De Paul, The Goodwill organization, Interconnection, Computer Technology Assistance Corps, among others.
- In case you have a friend who just upgraded to a better laptop model, ask him or her to sell or give the older model to you.
State That Gives Free Government Laptops
Some of the states where you can have the privilege of getting a free government laptop:
- South Carolina
- South Carolina
Can I apply if I already own a laptop?
Yes. You can still apply for a free laptop in case you still own one. However, the model that you own should not be a benefit of ACP. If you obtain your current laptop via ACP, chances are that you will not qualify to get another one.
How long does the Free Government Laptops Application verification process take?
Well, depending on the carrier you choose to work with, the whole process can take between 2 to 5 days.
Are there any obligations or restrictions associated with receiving a free laptop?
Yes. For instance, you can only obtain a free laptop if your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. In case you fail to meet this criteria, ensure that you are a participant of a government assistance program.
Will I be required to pay any fees or taxes for receiving the free laptop?
Well, it depends on the cost of your desired laptop. However, your ACP service provider will offer a one-time discount of $100 and then you shall clear the balance left.
How often does the government update the application form?
After every 12 months, you are needed to recertify your ACP application.