The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a federal government program that provides a discount on monthly high-speed internet service bills for qualifying low-income households. The ACP does not offer a free iPad directly. However, some participating providers may offer a free iPad or other device as part of their ACP plans. All you need to do is qualify for ACP and fill out a free iPad application form. If you are a financially strained student, senior or disabled, you can get a free iPad from third-party platforms and non-profit organizations. Continue reading this article and learn more about free government iPad.
Is the free government iPad really free?
You already know that getting an iPad from the government’s ACP platform is possible. However, the program doesn’t offer free iPad directly. Instead, it collaborates with wireless service providers to offer all eligible applicants free devices and other services.
It’s important to mention that these iPad are not completely free. Instead of free tablets, the government offers a discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet through ACP. This will make these devices less costly and more affordable for low income families. After applying this discount, you will be able to access some iPads from as low as $10.01. This is extremely cheap compared to the normal cost of an iPad, which ranges from $150 to $250 or even more.
Please note that with this price, the government doesn’t offer top-quality iPads. Instead, you will get low-end iPads with similar functionality and effectiveness. To get these devices, the national lifeline verifier always checks your eligibility. Below is how to meet free government iPad eligibility.
If you need a Smartphone with a tablet, check this article – Get Free Government Phone and Tablet
How can I qualify for a free government iPad?
Since free government iPads are offered through the affordable connectivity program, you should meet the program’s eligibility requirements to qualify. Below are ways through which you or your household is considered eligible for this benefit:
Based on your income
To get a free government iPad, you or your household should have an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. Please note that federal income limit varies based on your state, year of application and household size. To know your exact income limit of the year 2023 based on your state and household size, visit ACP official website through this link: “https://affordableconnectivity.gov/do-i-qualify/”.
Based on government assistance program participation
If you participate in any government assistance program, you are also considered eligible for a free government iPad from the ACP facility. These are government grants that offer various help to financially strained families in the US. These programs benefits both the federal and tribal lands households. Here are the programs:
- Supplemental nutrition assistance program
- Supplemental security income
- Federal public housing assistance program
- Veterans pensions and survivors benefit
- Free and reduced price school lunch program or school breakfast program. This includes the US department of agriculture (USDA) community eligibility provision schools.
- You are also eligible for ACP if you have received a federal Pell grant in the current award year. All you need to do is show any official document with proof that you benefits from these programs, and you shall get your free device seamlessly.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Head start
- Food distribution program on Indian reservations
- Tribal temporary assistance for needy families.
Based on lifeline benefits
If you are a beneficiary if government’s lifeline program, you are automatically considered eligible for free government IPad from ACP. This is a federal communications commission program that offers free or low cost communication services to eligible low income households.
You can also consider through your child or dependent
If there’s any member of your household that participates or receive help from the above tribal or federal government assistance programs, you can also qualify for free ACP iPad. This can be your child or dependent.
Documents that I should submit to get a free government iPad
Do you meet the above mentioned requirements? That’s not enough because you should show proof of your qualification before getting a free government iPad. This is through attaching documents to confirm your address, identity and eligibility. Here are documents to submit and get a free government iPad:
Program eligibility documents
These are documents to proof that you receive help from any government assistance program. These documents should have your full name or that of your dependent, the name of your program, the name of government entity that issued the document an issue date with a future expiration date. Examples of these documents are:
- Medicaid approval letter
- Supplemental nutrition assistance program statement of benefits
- Supplemental security income benefit verification letter
- Bureau of Indian affairs general assistance benefit ward letter
- Head start approval letter
- School documentation
Income eligibility document
These are documents that shows your annual income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. These documents should have your full name and your income. For instance:
- Social security statement of benefits
- Veterans administration statement of benefits
- Paycheck stub
- Workers’ compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree or child support award
- Pension/retirement statement of benefits
These are documents meant to prove your identity. These documents should have your date of birth, first and last name. For example:
- Birth certificate
- UD Driver’s license
- Certificate of US Citizenship
- Permanent resident card
- Government assistance program documents
These are documents with proof of your home address. These documents must include your full name and physical address. For instance:
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Tax return or recent W-2
Methods or ways on how to get a free government iPad
To get a free government iPad, you’ll need to fill an application form through the ACP official website. Besides site application, you can also apply via mail or directly through your service providers. Below are steps to follow when applying for a free government iPad:
- This is where you apply by visiting this link and completing the available application form: “getinternet.gov“.
- Make sure you provide correct and valid SSI number or any other personal information because it’s a key determinant on whether you qualify for a free iPad.
- Fill the provided form with any correct information required. This is your home address, contact information and social security number.
- Tap on next and follow all the steps necessary.
- Attach all the required documents and submit your application
This is where you fill your application in paper form. All you need to do is visit this page to download and print your paper application form: “affordableconnectivity.gov/help/tools/#instructions“. Once you complete, attach your application documents plus cover sheet then submit your form to the following address: ACP Support Center, P.O Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Through service provider
Through this method, you are required to identify a free government IPad provider near you and fill an application form directly through their website. As long as your selected provider offers services within your locality, you’ll be good to go.
Service providers that offer free government iPads
Below are examples of service providers that offer free government IPads through affordable connectivity program:
- Qlink Wireless: Through this service provider, you can be lucky to get a free iPad from as low as $10.01. All you need to do is qualify for ACP and fill their ACP application form through their website. Through ACP facility, you will also get a discount of up to $100 when buying an iPad from Qlink wireless.
- Cintex Wireless: This is another ACP service provider through which you can be lucky to get a free government iPad. Once you meet ACP eligibility criteria discussed above, you will get up to $100 discount towards purchasing a tablet from this provider. From the carrier, you can also access an iPad from as low as $10.01. To get a free government iPad from cintex wireless, visit their website and get started “cintexwireless.com/tablet”.
- Airtalk Wireless: From airtalk wireless, you can also get a free government iPad with less $100 or from as little as $10.01. All you need to do is meet ACP eligibility requirements and you shall be good to go. To get your free device from this carrier, visit their official website and initiate your application: “airtalkwireless.com/phone/detail/331”.
Supposing I qualify to get a free government iPad, which model am I likely to get
If you qualify to get a free government iPad, trust that you may not essentially get the model that you have always desired. In fact, most ACP service providers tend to issue these devices based on their availability and one’s location. However, you can be sure that you will receive any of the following models:
- Apple iPad Mini
- Apple iPad Air
- Apple iPad 3
- Apple iPad Mini 2
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Apple iPad Mini 3
I have lost my free government iPad. Can I get a replacement? Can I also get an upgrade?
If you have lost your free government iPad, worry not as you can now replace it and enjoy more convenience. However, this will depend on your preferred carrier’s policies. In most cases, most carriers normally charge a small fee in case you want to get a replacement model. For optimal results, reach out to your ACP carrier’s customer support team and make enquiries about the expected charges.
Supposing you want to get an upgrade, reach out to your ACP service provider’s team and get more details. However, most of them hardly offer free upgrades. Instead, you might be asked to part with some bucks in order to get a better iPad than the one that was issued to you almost free of charge.
Which benefits will I enjoy once I get a free government iPad
The free government iPad allows you to enjoy an array of benefits. These benefits include:
- It allows you to remain connected with your loved ones.
- The free government iPad allows you to learn from the comfort of your home.
- With the free government iPad in place, you will be able to do business online.
- The device allows you to know what is currently happening both within your locality and abroad.
- The free government iPad allows you to remain entertained for longer. This is because the device allows you to play online mobile games, surf the internet, watch movies and so much more.
- It allows you to look for better job opportunities online.
- If your carrier allows you to enjoy mobile hotspot data, trust that you will be able to share your data with other wireless devices. Consequently, you will not have to purchase extra data for each of these devices.
How can I maximize my chances of getting a free government iPad
Supposing you want to maximize your chances of getting a free government iPad, consider the following ideas:
- Ensure that you live in the United States.
- If you have to apply for a free iPad via your preferred ACP carrier, ensure that you live in a state where your service provider offers its services.
- Ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Make sure that you are a participant of a government assistance program such as SSI, SNAP, Medicaid, Tribal TANF, Tribal Head Start, WIC, among others.
- Ensure that you key in the right details during the application process
- Make sure that you attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to your application form.
- Ensure that your preferred eligibility and personal documents are clear and not blur at all.
- No one within your household should be benefiting from the ACP facility.
How long will it take to get a free government iPad
Well, if your application sees the light of day, trust that you will get a free government iPad within 7 to 10 business days.
Does Apple offer free government iPads
Not really. Instead, Apple offers discounts to various customers who want to purchase iPads more affordably. As we speak, you can visit the official Apple online store and look for discounted iPads. Better still, visit the nearest brick and mortar Apple store near you and look out for discounted models. Since these models come at a discounted price, be sure that you will not have to break the bank in order to afford them.
Is there an alternative way of getting a free iPad
Yes. Supposing you fail to meet the much-needed requirements to get a free government iPad, worry not as you can still get a free or discounted iPad via a number of ways. Some of these methods include:
- Talk to an insurance company and convince them that you need an iPad. For instance, you can tell the company that you need a free iPad for your child’s learning purposes.
- Visit your child’s school and establish if you can get a free iPad.
- Look out for grant programs that can enable you purchase an iPad. Some of the legit grant programs include; Conover Company, Daniela’s Wish, Danny’s Wish, First Hand Foundation, Fund It Forward, among others.
- Consider looking for a free iPad from a local charity group that operate within your locality.
- Look out for online support groups and establish if you can get a free iPad.
- Consider giveaways, lotteries and raffles. Either way, you might be lucky to get a free model.
- Look out for retailers who might be having special deals on Apple iPads. If you are lucky you might come across a highly discounted iPad and thus save more money.
- Check and establish if you can get a free or discounted model on either Facebook Marketplace or the Craigslist.