Plantar fasciitis is a common injury among runners and can sideline them for weeks or even months. The pain usually felt in the heel and bottom of the foot and made worse by wearing the wrong running shoes.
Using the best running shoes for plantar fasciitis can ease your feet pain. A quality pair of running shoes for plantar fasciitis provides solid support and cushioning. Right running shoes can make a tremendous difference, even when you’re not running.
Whether you run on roads or trails, you will find running shoes best for plantar fasciitis that meets your requirements, budget, and preferences. Keep in mind when shopping that an earlier model of running shoes contributes many of the same features but at a cheaper price.
7 Best Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
The goal of Running Shoes for Plantar fasciitis is to relieve the pain in your feet while training them to become stronger and develop natural arches. The flexible toe box and robust heel counters ensure that the solid rigidity is at the rear. These shoes secure that it continuously maintains your arch at the proper angle to avoid overworking. These are the features that best-running shoes for plantar fasciitis.
Following Are a list of Best Running Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis-
- New Balance 1080
- ASICS Gel Nimbus Running Shoe
- Mizuno Wave Rider 22
- ASICS Gel Kayano 25
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19
- HOKA One One Bondi 6
- Saucony Hurricane ISO 4
1. New Balance 1080
The model New Balance 1080 v9 mentioned introductory guide on plantar fasciitis shoes. This New Balance 1080 running shoe being rated, fitly enough, on its balance of fashion and luxury.
This is a gorgeous shoe that offers you excellent performance for running and also assists in plantar fasciitis relief. This because of having many features on-board, like the asymmetrical heel, counter to stay the foot locked into place, removable innersole, light-weight frame, breathable lining, N2 heel cushioning, ABZORB crash pad, and supporting the arch. Finally, there’s little room for anything else. The New Balance 1080 claim is that it will “keep up, mile after mile” and provides comfort out of the box with the very supportive, shock absorption—implying that they very will compete with alternative bigger brands. This is also recommended as best shoes for nurses for standing all day.
Product Feature of New Balance 1080
New Balance 1080 running shoe features a blown rubber outsole for long-lived durability.
- 8-millimeter drop: Because of variances created throughout the development and manufacturing processes, all references to eight-millimeter drop are approximate.
- Bootie Construction for a custom-like work
- Blown rubber outsole
- Engineered mesh
- Synthetic / mesh upper
- Ortholite® sock liner
Engineered with a full-length fresh foam 1080v9 midsole, updated the fashionable men’s best running shoes for plantar fasciitis relief, with information collected from world-class runners. It conjointly features a fashionable double jacquard upper and a comfortable Ortholite® innersole that offer stylish mile-after-mile comfort.
Color: Black, Green, White, Blue, Red, Grey, Purple, Pink, Navy
Size: 7, 7.5 To 13, 14,15, 16
- Many users agreed that the New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 v9 runs true to size.
- Two wearers noticed that the 9th version of the fresh Foam 1080 feels considerably lighter than the older version and helps for plantar fasciitis relief.
- Some runners thought the shoe was fashionable.
- According to many users, the New Balance 1080 v9 could be a comfortable running shoe.
- The shoe’s wide and additional wide width options delighted a few customers.
- Several patrons loved the comfortable padding of the New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 v9.
- High-priced of the shoes
- One user expressed disappointments because of the developed a blister within the heel area when the first run.
- Another customer noticed an odd slot in the heel section.
The New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 v9 has gathered many positive reviews regarding sizing, style, and cushioning. Although there have been criticisms regarding the shoe’s work and price, overall, the shoe remains thought of as efficient running footwear.
2. ASICS Gel Nimbus Running Shoe 21
Because of the status and prosperity of the Asics brand, they authentically get two mentions in this comparison guide with the Asics Gel Nimbus Running Shoe being the primary one. This is often another model wherever comfort and an excellent support system are the stars of the show. The key feature here which will stand intent on plantar fasciitis sufferers is that the heel clutching system, that suggests that it provides ultimate support within the space that wants it most, and there’s high praise here for the amount of comfort offered for painful feet, with some expression it’s nearly like “like walking on air”.
It’s suited for all-weathers and also the wide color variation that stretches across the rainbow and it’s simple to visualize such a well-liked brand with great client satisfaction ratings—4.8 out of five at the time of writing. Again, size problems are other issues; However, this is often a small flaw in the usually well-loved shoe.
Product Features of ASICS Gel Nimbus Running Shoe 21
- High Abrasion Rubber used in the outsole that producing exceptional durability.
- ASICS energetic foam construction that allows supreme bounce to confess a unique elastomer compound.
- Reflective materials of the shoes enhance visibility during low light periods.
- The organic nano fiber is used in the midsole that provides lightweight.
- In women’s models, 3 mm of additional height on bits of help relieve Achilles tension.
- To lessen shock during impact and toe-off phases and permit movement in multiple planes through the gait cycle to reinforce the foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Trusstic System® technology integrates for enhanced gait performance while providing mid foot structural integrity.
- Uses the 45-degree full-length SpevaFoam™ 45 lasting material provides a soft platform that enhances comfort.
- Premium sockliner properties providing excellent moisture management and a high level of breathability.
Color: Blue Coast / Skylight
Size: 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5 To 11
- Most users admired that the overall structure is durable.
- A few wearers noted that the cushioning of the Nimbus 21 feels lighter and more responsive compared to other running shoes.
- Nice-looking design of the shoe.
- Wide toe-box fits comfortably.
- Breathable upper part.
- According to some runners, the shoe is very comfortable even on long distance runs.
- Good heel support with arch support based on users’ reviews.
- Isn’t the lightest shoe in neutral-cushioned class; However, it doesn’t feel heavy.
- Limited color options
ASICS Gel Nimbus Other Running Shoe Model:
- GEL-Nimbus 21 (2E) for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 21 Lite-Show for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 21 for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 20 for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 20 SP for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 20 (4E) for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 20 Boston for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 20 (2E) for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 20 Tokyo for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 20 Paris for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 20 London for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 20 Stockholm for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 20 Platinum for Men’s Running Shoes
- GEL-Nimbus 20 Lite-Show for Men’s Running Shoes
A lot of wearers commented that the ASICS Gel-Nimbus running shoe was a cushty running shoe. They were happy with its visually appealing style and engaging color variations. They preferred wearing the shoe on totally different paved surfaces. Though many of them said that it’s a narrow toe box, others still suggested the shoe owing to its excellent fit. Some were additionally disappointed with its stiff footbed. In general, the bulk of the purchasers said that the ASICS Gel-Nimbus Running Shoe was a superb alternative for people who desire a fashionable, well-constructed and supportive however light-weight shoe.
3. Mizuno Wave Rider 22
The Mizuno Wave Rider is a cushioned shoe good for high-mileage walkers who have a neutral gait. It is lightweight while still providing good cushioning with durability. Wave Rider is good running shoe for walkers, as they design it for heel-strikers, having a wider forefoot, which is perfect for those who prefer more space in the toe box.
Product Feature of Mizuno Wave Rider 22
- Key changes from the midsole for a softer and smoother ride and an upper for adjusted breathability.
- Mizuno Wave Rider 22 sole unit made up of a mix of U4ic and U4icX foams. The U4icX heel creates a softer cushioned under the heel.
- In the mid-foot which adds firmness and a touch of stability within the shoe.
- The midsole and the heel are softer and do not cause too much fatigue in the foot from the firm plate over long runs.
- A thin layer of the U4icX foam spanning the entire foot that contributed softer feelings.
- The outsole contains X10 rubber provides durability, particularly with heel-strikers as this shoe will appeal to.
- One issue we had with the Wave Rider last year was the upper part was too breathable.
- Mizuno understood the troubles and transformed the upper by merging a full length engineered mesh with a dense sockliner.
- The redesigned upper section creates a comfortable cushioning in the mid-foot to heel areas with giving the toe box more room. The upper part, however, is constrictive from the Wave Rider 21.
Color: BLACK-ROSE GOLD
Size: 6, 6.5 to 12
- A cushioned shoe with a neutral gait
- Wave plate adds stability for better support
- Wide toe box with a good heel fit.
- Available for men’s and women’s model
- Wide ranges color available
- The softness of the heel can make an upper sole bit slippery.
- It weighs is a little up than other shoes in the market.
- Size issues
4. ASICS GEL-Kayano 25
Overpronation induces your plantar fasciitis, thus the ASICS Gel-Kayano will be the best choice for you. Many hospitals recommended it for foot pain. The specification is comprehensive, having FluidFit multi-directional upper, Impact Guidance System and gel that provides shock absorption. The rearfoot Gel Technology Cushioning System of the shoes provides shock absorption to keep your heel cushioned and safe.
Product Feature of ASICS GEL-Kayano 25
- GUIDANCE TRUSSTIC™ Technology with the external heel counter keeps your foot perfectly in place.
- Rearfoot and forefoot GEL® technology uses in GEL-Kayano 25 shoes that provide shock absorption.
- FLYTEFOAM® LYTE and FLYTEFOAM® PROPEL Technologies impact on the bounce-back propulsion.
- DUOMAX™ Technology assists your foot on impact as it rolls inward position.
- The Flytefoam Lyte technology uses in of the Kayanos 25 shoes that provides lighter and cushioning with more absorption and bounce back while you run.
- The Flytefoam propel Cushing at the forefront making it lightweight and durable.
- The upper part fit like a glove, not too tight or too loose. The Jacquard mesh upper provides durability and also breathable.
Color: Indigo Blue/White (11 colors)
Size: 6, 6.5 to 12.5, 13, 14, 15
- According to some users, Kayano 25 is comfortable long hours running.
- Wide color options
- Some users assure durability
- Many people appreciated the underfoot cushioning system.
- Two reviewers commended the shoe’s roomy toe box.
- Some runners imply the impressive fit on the foot.
- Available men’s – women’s model
- Excellent for overpronator
- Good arch support
- Only for the over-pronators model
- Kayano 25 is half-ounce heavier than the Kayano 24
- A little bit expensive
5. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19
The Adrenaline GTS 19 is Brooks’ flagship stability shoe with GTS standing for ‘Go To Shoe’. I’ve consistently gotten a kick out of the GTS; as it particularly seems like Brooks is choosing a jab at a more generic shoe model makes out there. It seemed a little heavy but strapping them up and getting them out for felt great. The ride was smooth and charming.
Product Feature of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19
- Improved breathability with Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19, Air Mesh upper.
- Reflective accents will allow it to see me incredibly well at low light.
- Softer feel underfoot with updated construction. They design the full-length Segmented Crash Pad to adapt to each foot fall, so no matter how your foot lands.
- Improved support with midsole.
- BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning with adapting to every stride.
- The structured saddle pulls from the heel and wraps around your mid-foot for a secure fit.
Color: Wide range of color option
Size: 7, 7.5 to 13, 14, 15
- Lightweight and eventually stable and supportive.
- Adaptable midsoles are comfortable and pain-free who have flat arches.
- DNA midsole system comprises amazing Nano-springs which provide bounce back with every stride.
- The mesh upper has great moisture that keeps your feet comfortable.
- Men’s and the women’s model.
- Size issue
- A little stiff at first
6. HOKA One One Bondi 6
The Bondi 6 is that the most cushiony shoe in HOKA ONE ONE®’s road-shoe lineup. The Bondi 6 offers a smooth, full- EVA midsole, the comfortable and breathable upper, and using Meta-Rocker technology. This delivers a steady ride for all distances. The Bondi 6 can reach you far and wide in comfort.
Product Feature of HOKA One One Bondi 6
- Use in open engineered mesh structure to advance breathability and luxury.
- Heel section with a lycra comfort frame for comfy support.
- Provide a locked-in match and support with an internal heel counter.
- Using Meta-Rocker technology for a smooth ride.
- Full-length compression formed EVA midsole.
- Structural rubber outsole reduces weight and enhances durability.
Color: Wide range of color option
Size: 7, 7.5 to 13, 14, 15
- Comfortable Upper (especially new heel design)
- Soft Ride
- Mens and women’s model available
- Not lightweight compared to other running shoes, but agreed this edition runs much lighter than the previous model
- Some durability concerns
- Price issues
7. Saucony Hurricane ISO 5
Hurricane ISO 5 will support your stability running shoe. Performed to support overpronation with full-length EVERUNTM cushioning and ISOFIT dynamic lacing. The shoes have a beautifully plush and flexible feel, without dropping an ounce of stability.
Product Feature of Saucony Hurricane ISO 5
- Full-length EVERUNTM midsole.
- EVERUNTM Topsole construction for continuous cushioning for every run, all run long.
- Crystal rubber outsole
- Medial posted midsole.
- The ISOFIT system creates a dynamic fit by adapting to the shape and motion of the runner’s foot.
- Engineered upper mesh.
- Using reflective elements on the heel.
- Helpful for runners who have mild to severe pronation.
Color: Grey & Black
Size: 5, 5.5 to 13, 14, 15
- Soft, comfortable, and cushioning
- Secure upper fit and breathable
- True size
- Helpful for overpronator
- Mens and women’s model available
- Limited color option
- A bit heavy than the previous model
You can buy the above descriptive running shoes from their own official website or from Walmart, Amazon, and eBay. You will buy online from USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, India and most of the countries in the world.
Learn more about Plantar Fasciitis: Symptoms, Treatment & Exercises
Benefits of Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoes
Running and other moderate activities can put you at an elevated chance to get plantar fasciitis. And, it puts a damper on continuing your training activities.
Your Physician has probably told you to moderate activities to protect your inflamed fascia ligament, so if you decide to continue your running routine. It’s paramount that you at least support your feet will be begging for. And starts with the Best Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis to protect your arches, heels, ankles, and Achilles.
The best running shoe for plantar fasciitis has some distinguishing feature to offer better footwear. Right Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis have some basic elements-
- Heel Support
- Midsole Stability
- Arch Support
The best running shoe for plantar fasciitis has better shock absorption to disperse some of the force of heel striking. And maximum Arch Support to protect you from strenuous activity.
The first thing to choose the best running shoes for plantar fasciitis preventive shoe designed for your particular foot strike. For this reason, you need to understand there are 3 main classes of running shoes: overpronation, neutral, and supination.
Overpronation is after you have very little to no arch, and your foot rolls inward after you stride.
Supination is after you have medium to high arches, and your foot rolls outward after you stride.
Neutral foot strike is somewhere between Overpronation & Supination.
Both overpronation and supination will cause misalignment problems that make overuse injuries. The common overuse injuries for runners are plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, IT band syndrome, shin splints or Runner’s knee.
If you don’t understand your foot strike, I like to recommend heading over to your native running store. depending on the shop, they ought to be able to size you up and guide you into the correct style shoe. the right shoe can have the stability to support your particular stride. Remember—wearing the incorrect shoe has the potential to cause plantar fasciitis, however, the correct shoe has the potential to prevent it. Therefore 1st things 1st, check that your shoe stabilizes your foot strike.
Most people don’t understand it, however, your foot arch could be a natural shock absorber. Yes, it really cushions the impact of your feet once striking the ground. That’s why shopping for a shoe with arch support is important for those with plantar fasciitis. Support doesn’t simply give relief from heel pain, however, it will prevent it from occurring altogether. Thus once dealing with plantar fasciitis, ensure your shoe has the arch support that will help you. Arch support is another fundamental for choosing the best running shoes for plantar fasciitis.
When you have plantar fasciitis, a shoe with additional cushion can facilitate relieve foot pain. The additional cushion alone won’t facilitate with the cause of the injury, however, it’s a crucial feature once combined with the other key elements. The extra cushion can disperse the force once striking the ground to assist relief your pain.
Lastly, take a glance at client reviews. If a shoe is intended for your foot strike and multiple users say it cured their plantar fasciitis, then you have got a superb probability it’ll do a similar for you. However, if you have got super high arches and get a shoe for overpronation rather than supination. During this instance, what number users say it helped for their plantar fasciitis issues. Thus when you purchase a shoe made for your foot strike and check user reviews of these shoes, then you will get considerably prospect of finding the solution to your problem.